INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To provide consumers with products or services that they request from us, we collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”).
- Information that is lawfully made available from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- We obtain personal information from the following categories of sources as further explained below:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, through information we collect in the course of providing services to you and from observing your actions on the Sites.
- Automatically from you. As you navigate through the Sites, information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. More specifically, this is collected through device identifiers (e.g., IP address, MAC address, other device IDs), IP address demographics (location, language, country of origin, etc.), technical device data (e.g., domain server, type of device, type of web browser) and activity information (e.g., access times, pages visited, search history, referring web site addresses, interactions with Site features).
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. If you choose not to provide us with this information, you may still access and use portions of the Sites. However, you may not be able to use portions of the Sites which require you to provide personal information, such as the checkout page.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- providing and personalizing our Sites and the content, products, and services we make available to you through the Sites;
- providing information, content, products, or services that you request or purchase;
- providing you with information about the Sites or required notices;
- understanding how you use our Sites, products and services;
- improving and further developing the products, services, content, features, performance, and support available through our Sites;
- providing customer support;
- setting up, registering and maintaining your account with us;
- order fulfillment
- communicating with you to respond to your inquiries, concerns and requests, contacting you about your transactions or account, or providing other legal or service-related notices about our Site;
- delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements about Pharmavite, our brands, or third-party products or services that may be of interest to you, including to display targeted ads to you elsewhere online (see your options related to marketing and advertising in the Your Choices section below);
- protecting and maintaining the security and integrity of our Site and information technology infrastructure;
- authenticating the information you provide to us;
- protecting our rights or the rights, property, and safety of others;
- complying with legal obligations; and
- other legal purposes, such as pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or lawful requests from governmental authorities.
We may combine or aggregate any information we collect for any of these purposes. We may also anonymize your personal information in such a way that you may not reasonably be re-identified by us or any other organization and may use such anonymized information for any purpose.
Our Sites have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Category||Examples||Disclosure for business purposes||Disclosure for monetary or other consideration|
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||We share this data with our service providers, including those to whom you instruct us to send this information.||We share this data with business partners, such as ad networks who may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials or advertisements that may be of interest to you; and with third parties when you engage in or interact with co-branded or co-sponsored content or activities.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code ¤ 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||We share this data with our service providers, including those to whom you instruct us to send this information.||We share this data with business partners, such as ad networks who may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials or advertisements that may be of interest to you; and with third parties when you engage in or interact with co-branded or co-sponsored content or activities.|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||We share this data with our service providers, including those to whom you instruct us to send this information.|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||We share this data with business partners, such as ad networks who may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials or advertisements that may be of interest to you; and with third parties when you engage in or interact with co-branded or co-sponsored content or activities.|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||We share this data with our service providers.|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.|
|J. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
We may collect Personal Information from you through the Sites, phone, mail, email, fax, or mobile application interactions you have with us or our service providers or business partners. The information collected may vary depending upon what specific products or services you are requesting or obtaining from us.
We have previously collected and may continue to collect personal information from outside sources, including, advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, government entities, operating systems and platforms, social networks, and data brokers. We have relationships with these third parties who may collect or receive information and use this to assist in analyzing our business and customers.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information to our service providers to perform a business or
commercial purpose, such as to: maintain or service accounts, provide customer service, process payments, provide financing, provide advertising or marketing services, provide analytic services, or provide similar services on our behalf. If we disclose your Personal Information to a service provider, we do so pursuant to a written contract that prohibits the service provider from retaining, using, or disclosing the Personal Information for any purpose other than for the specific purpose of performing the services specified in the contract, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
We are required to describe certain disclosures of personal information as “sales” where we receive valuable consideration. No money is paid in exchange for your personal information.
We share each of the above-listed categories of information:
- With business partners, such as ad networks who may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- With third parties when you engage in or interact with co-branded or co-sponsored content or activities.
Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you usually can change your browser to prevent the browser from accepting cookies. If you reject cookies, you may still use the Sites, but your ability to use some areas and features/functions of the Sites may be limited.
Links to Third-Party Websites.
We may link to third-party websites and services that we do not operate and are outside of our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites or other services. Please exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Sites -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- - Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- - Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Privacy Controls on Your Browser .We will consider your user-enabled privacy controls, such as a browser plugin or privacy setting or other mechanism, to signal your choice to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
Marketing Communications. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or contacting us here. If you have an account, you can select your preferences through your account settings.
Correcting or Updating Your Personal Information. You may change any of your personal information in your account by editing your profile within your account or by contacting us here.
IMPORTANT PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES FOR CONSUMERS
The following describes your rights with respect to your personal information and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected or Disclosed and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you, if applicable:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- Our business or commercial purpose for disclosing the category of Personal Information about you.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- If we disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, we will also disclose:
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you; and
- The categories of third parties to whom your Personal Information was disclosed, by category or categories of Personal Information for each third party to whom the Personal Information was disclosed.
Right to Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed or.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by completing the Webform or calling us at 1-800-276-2878. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (“authorized agent”), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. To submit a request, we require that you explain your relationship with us, specify your request type, and provide your name, email address, country, home address, the details of your request, and your date of birth. We use this information to identify responsive records and to verify your identity. Your request should include sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to verify your identity and process your request.
If you chose to use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf, you must provide the agent written permission to do so and the agent must verify their own identity directly with us, in addition to the steps we would take if we processed your request directly. If the agent does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf, we may deny the request. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. In order to process your request, you or your authorized agent will need to provide us with the above information on the Webform or by calling us at 1-800-276-2878.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will confirm receipt of a verifiable consumer request and provide information about how we will process the request—except in instances where we have already granted or denied the request. Generally, we will respond to your request, free of charge, within 45 days of its receipt. However, if we require additional time to evaluate and fulfill your request, we will inform you of the reason and extension period (up to 90 days), in writing, within the initial 45-day period. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is unfounded, excessive, or repetitive. If we determine that your request warrants a reasonable fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out Rights
You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us through the Sites.
Visitors to the Sites that select the link titled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” may submit their request to opt-out on the Webform.
Right to Non-Discrimination
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the law that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any legally permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an electronic message through our Sites or write us at our address listed on our webpage.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We build security into our system to help protect data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We’re always looking for threats and take reasonable steps to respond to those threats, protecting the information users share with us. Of course, no method of Internet transmission or data storage can provide guaranteed protection to your information. If anything should ever happen to your information, we’ll let you know as soon as we can and try our best to make it right.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
We do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal data, we will delete that information in accordance with applicable laws.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Sites are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Sites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE